Friday, October 3, 2008

For the love of the blog

You know how some people say "for the love of the game." Such as they play baseball for the love of the game. Or they watch baseball for the love of the game. That's how I feel about blogging. The problem I have is that I could go on and on for days writing. I just love to write. It's one of my favorite things to do. I currently don't know how long this blog post will go. I'm sorry I write such long blogs and I understand if you want to just skim it. I sometimes get off subject, but blogging is one of my favorite things to do. I actually kinda don't even know where I'm going with this one yet. Perhaps we'll find out.

Besides writing, I like to get people to think. That could be another reason, most of my blogs are so long. You know sometimes I wonder if I'm wiser beyond my years. To me this means that I'm a wise old person in a young person's body. That's an interesting thought. I guess it's how God created me to be and I'm thankful for this gift of wiseness even if it's not a dominant spiritual gift.

I think I'm thinking out loud in this one. Just trying to figure out things. You know, looking through my Truth Journal, I've realized that I take certain things to heart. A few months ago at the beginning of summer, I think it was, I emailed my pastor to tell him that I just didn't feel like going to church lately. His reply was that we, as Christians, all go through seasons. Times when we feel like we're not growing. Times when we don't want to go to church. Maybe it was because I saved the email that I was able to use it later in the summer when someone asked my opinion on something when they were doubting something. We have seasons of doubt too. Or it could have been because I took it to heart.

Maybe that's why I'm such a slow reader. I look for the littlest details. While it took most of my friends a week to finish the last Harry Potter book, it took me about a month to do so.

I don't just want to get others to think really deeply, I want to impact my youth group. I want them to think deeper than they ever have. I have one problem though. Most of them don't want to think deep about stuff.

Oh face it. I've always been different. I'm such a thinker. I just love to think.

This probably isn't true. How can it be that I got saved as a teenager while my friends did it as kids and yet I feel like I'm the only one that's living in the real world?

And now I've started thinking a little too hard, and I'm starting to confuse myself, so I'm going to stop now before I lose it.

I hope this blog wasn't too long much like my other ones. But then again, this one really doesn't have a point to it that I know of at this moment. So why am I writing it? I have no idea whatsoever.

No comments: