Tuesday, October 7, 2008

The reason I'm here

listen through the darkness
And I know that I’m not alone
And I feel You all around me
But every time I call
All I hear is my own echo
Your silence says it all
I’m restless but I will not fight
I’ll, oh…
Let go

It’s in Your hands
It’s in Your hands
I trust You though I don’t understand
It’s in Your hands
It’s in Your hands
I’ll close my eyes and fall into plan
Plan, plan, plan, plan, plan
I trust You ‘cause it’s all in Your hands

As time slips through my fingers
I slow down and breathe you in
There’s a peace that washes over me
And I’m not afraid at all
Of things I cannot see
Nor understand
‘Cause faith is blind
And I’ll go on another night
‘Cause I know...
(It’s in Your hands)

Maybe one day
This will make sense
But until then
I'm trusting You
I'm confused
But You'll come through
You always do
I've waited so long
To see my sun on
The horizon
Feel it coming on
And I'm seeing You


This song is the reason I'm blogging right now. It's In Your Hands by Krystal Meyers.


I'm kinda weird with how I find new music. My dad has a subscription to Rhapsody, which my whole family uses. When I'm on Rhapsody, most of the time, I start with some band I'm familiar with such as Relient K. I go look at the bands that are similar to them and usually start finding newer and newer bands to listen to. How do I just pick songs? Whatever sounds interesting to me is worth a try.


This song came up a few weeks ago. And come to think of it I only just started listening to Krystal Meyers over the summer.


Recently I've been having difficulties with life in general I could say. With youth group and stuff that comes with being a senior in high school, I've been kinda stressed. This song reminds me that it's not in my hands, but in God's hands. Everything is in God's hands.


I guess we could also say I've been having trouble trusting God lately. So a few weeks ago, as I was praying before bed, I felt like screaming kinda. I wasn't happy with myself. When I pray, I always say "God, please help me figure out what You want me to do in this life." It really bothers me now that I say that. I was annoyed a few weeks ago and justabout shouted out loud what I really desired. It was about the middle of the night, so I didn't exactly shout it out loud, but rather in my mind and I was actually kinda saying it out loud, just not yelling it. I said, "God, please reveal Yourself to me when the time is right. I'm tired of all this. It's in Your hands now, not mine. I trust You even though I don't understand. Please reveal Yourself." That's basically the gist of what I said. And this was after listening to the song and really listening, not just "fake" listening while doing something else; I was really thinking about the lyrics.


Just recently obviously I'm getting back into the blogging scene. I took a break last year for the first time in a while. I first started blogging on Xanga when I was in 8th grade. Then moved to Battlecry in 9th grade. Now I'm on here because no one is on Battlecry anymore really and I'm kinda starting fresh with a different blog. Last year was just a stressful year and I never got any time to work on blogs and stuff. Plus I just wasn't on fire like I wished I was.


I got an email today called Children of the Burning Hearts. It's the church devotional I get.


They asked each other, "Were not our hearts burning within us while he talked with us on the road and opened the Scriptures to us?" Luke 24:32


"To have found God and still to pursue Him is the soul's paradox of love, scorned indeed by the too-easily-satisfied religionist, but justified in happy experience by the children of the burning heart." (A.W. Tozer's The Pursuit of God)

So the question is: would you describe your relationship with God as one of "the burning heart?" And if not, what are you willing to do about it? Are you willing to ask God and keep asking until He brings such a condition in your life?


I liked this devotion. Like I said above, I wasn't feeling on fire a lot last year. Today I'm feeling much more on fire. I feel like my burning heart just got more fuel to burn.


You know just the other day I was reading a friend's status and it said: "God is in control-I teach it and now I have to live it." I thought it was so relative to trusting God and a youth pastor's video I watched about getting God's Word to be "sticky" in our, the youth's, minds.


It is true; God is in control and we may not understand everything He's doing, but we have to trust in Him because He knows what He's doing. He created everything, so yes, He does know what He's doing even when we think He may be wrong. Not listening to Him will just take you down a bumpy road you don't need to go down.


Yes, I read youth pastor's blogs. I can't help it. I love to hear what they have to say. My church doesn't have a youth pastor right now because we can't afford it. I'll be an adult in almost exactly a month. Youth group is a big part of my life. I love learning about God with my friends (if they're even listening, I don't know if they are sometimes) and I enjoy the fellowship of it. But I read these blogs because I love getting new ideas for our youth pastorless youth group to try. One idea that we had that I got from a blog was the game Toilet paper dodgeball. Oh my word, we had so much fun with that.


The last youth pastor video I watched had 3 ideas for making God's Word "sticky." One of them catches my attention with this one friend of mine. It's #2: It must be real for you first. So true. Ok this coming from me is a teen's perspective. I don't think it's right for youth pastor's or pastor's in general to be hypocrites. Don't teach us something and go do the complete opposite. That's just dumb. If you say God is in control, then live it, don't just preach it.


And no, I'm not trying to sound mean. I just thought the status my friend had was interesting. Actually he's not just my friend, he used to be my youth pastor. And actually, his status had something to do with the song too. I was telling him about that a few days ago. But enough of my talking.

No comments: