Wednesday, October 29, 2008

I don't care

I don't care. If you know anything about me, you know that this is one of the most common phrases that I use. Why? Because I am an extremely indecisive person. I have trouble picking between pretty much anything. But does that mean that I don't care? Showing mercy is among my highest spiritual gifts. Showing mercy is caring. I show mercy by praying for others. Am I just being indecisive with material things? Do I really care about material things? Are they really going to matter in the end? The answer is no. Material things really won't matter in the end. I won't be able to take my mp3 player, my books, or my toothbrush to Heaven with me.

So the truth to all this is that I really do care about certain things, but why worry about caring for something that won't matter in the end?

At the end of the day, being decisive about which restaurant to eat at might matter, but will it matter 10 years from now? How about 20 years? 50 years?

Being indecisive doesn't mean that you don't care; it just means you're not good at making decisions. Now some decisions you have to make right now will affect you 50 years from now, so do take care of those. But others such as the restaurant, don't matter as much. With obesity seen in so many Americans these days, it could affect you 10-50 years from now, I suppose. Though I'm not really totally sure what one meal could do to you. But who knows?

Gee, I should probably say this at the beginning, but oh well. These are just some of my opinions. Back in August and September when I decided to write in a journal for ranting and such, I wrote this about caring. It's all an opinion, my opinion. Though seriously, material items aren't gonna matter in the end. I'm pretty sure I'm not taking my toothbrush to Heaven with me.

No comments: