Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Jamaica

Party at my house!!!!

As of 4 this morning, my parents have the left the house for a week. So that's why I say party at my house.

Oh come on, you didn't really think I was serious, did you? My dad said the rule is to not do anything wrong. Somehow I think having a house party is along those lines. What would the neighbors think? Besides two of my neighbors are keeping an eye on the house this week.

My brother and I are alone for a week. With me being 18, my parents can technically do that. It's still a weird feeling without them here to talk to. Though their plane to Jamaica was delayed this afternoon, so I was able to talk to them on Skype for a little bit. And they just called me a little while ago to let me know that they were in Jamaica.

When they went on vacation the last time without us, I got really depressed. I even cried on my dad's shoulder the night before they left. I never want them to leave. I'm not a party-er, so no, there is no party at my house, I was kidding. Rather I'm a worry-er. My parents are probably worried about leaving us here alone, but I'm worried about them too. I'm just glad to know they got their safely. And I pray that they will have a safe and fun vacation.

Last night, I got pretty depressed and was teary-eyed upon hugging my parents goodbye, but right now I'm ok. We were laughing and having a good time on Skype today. It's still weird though not being able to talk to them especially with my mom after school and everything. While I usually come home after school to an empty house, I'm not used to my mom not coming home. I know she usually does come home. My brother has show choir after school, so for a few days this week, I'll be alone after school.

And for some reason I couldn't sleep last night. I was sad about my parents leaving, but found out some good news, so I'm not sure what that sleeping problem was all about. This means I'm kinda slap happy and tired right now. I had some interesting dreams though. Hopefully, I'll sleep better tonight though and be a little less worrisome now that I know my parents are safe and sound in Jamaica and heading to their hotel.

I'm not really as worried about them as I have been in the past. I somehow know that this teary-eyed saying of goodbyes is gonna happen when I leave for college. That's one thing I don't really look forward to.

Please be in prayer with me for the safety of my parents.

No comments: