Monday, January 26, 2009

Just let it go

If you know me at all, then you know I can't let go of things very easily. Just last night, I came upon something that I decided I couldn't let go. But today, I've kinda just let it go. It was important last night, but not really anymore.

There are certain things I just can't let go. The fact that I can't do anything for my youth group is something I'm having the most difficulty with right now. Today I decided that if everyone else was gonna go secluded or whatever their doing right now, then that's what I'm gonna do too. Sometimes I wonder what they would think if I just stopped participating altogether. I've thought about it before. I've talked about switching churches. I think I'm kinda a chicken when it comes to that idea because have I switched churches yet? No. It's basically me just talking and venting things. Then I came upon something today.

Like a lot of teens (and now reaching to the adult generation), I have a Facebook. There are applications you can add and one that I have is called Pieces of Flair. You get a virtual cork board, and you can browse through buttons and find some to put on your board. I was bored tonight, so I was browsing through some flair (that's pretty much all I did during summer vacation and a little bit of winter break too).

I came upon this one piece of flair that just hit me over the head. I wasn't really thinking about youth group right then, but when I saw it, I instantly thought about youth group. The piece of flair? Let go and let God.

It's so true. Now if only I could do it. I just need to let this go and give it all to God and let him deal with it.

I guess it's just something that takes time. I prayed for peace last night in all of this mess (if that's what we should call it) and to help me to stop thinking about it. I had a dreamless sleep last night (quite unusual for me) and I woke up this morning and I was quite relaxed and at ease.

I'm sure I thought about youth group today, but it didn't strike me so hard until I saw that piece of flair. Let go and let God. It's a good idea that I'm gonna definitely work on.

No comments: