Monday, January 26, 2009

Going to the torture chair

Also known as going to the dentist. Ok, so the dentist means well, yes, and may not always be a torture chair for some, but in my case, it is.

I have bad teeth. Really bad teeth. Teeth so bad that even if I brush and floss (which I do; ok the flossing is another story) every day, I still have cavities. I have been in and out of oral surgery since I was a little kid. They usually knocked me out back then, which was a wonderful thing. I had a root canal when I was younger. Hm, no wonder, it was no big deal getting my wisdom teeth out. It simply felt like getting a filling. Speaking of fillings, I have just about all my molars filled. So yes, I have really bad teeth. Probably the result of the amount of calcium I'm lacking.

Today after not going to the dentist for a while (I don't remember the last time I went to the dentist), I had to go get my teeth cleaned. Ugh. I hate going to the dentist. Everytime I go, I always have cavities or watches on my teeth for cavities. It's such a pain in the mouth (haha, instead of pain in the butt).

Well, the verdict for me today was 3 cavities. So next Wednesday and the Wednesday after that I have to go in to get my teeth filled after school. That stinks. If I'm still numb by then, my youth group might have fun making fun of how I talk with my numb lips. That's ok, I'd laugh with them even if they were laughing at me.

I feel sorry for the dentist. I'm such a pain in the butt to them I know. I know it's their job to help our mouths, but I'm a literal pain to them. I feel bad for my parents too on this. I get really grumpy when I have to go to the dentist and I'm not fun to be around. The dental hygenists are so nice, but I'm so grumpy and sarcastic. I feel bad for them.

It's another thing I need to work on. I need to be polite even when I don't want to be polite. I need to be happy because the dentist is there to help me.

Today while at the dentist, I remembered this ad for Relient K's album mmhmm and it made me laugh. One thing I don't get about dentists is why they talk to us while they're working on our mouths. Do they really expect us to talk back? Maybe we should sign back or something. I don't know, but that's one thing I never understand.

Oh the one benefit of today's trip was that I got a sweet new toothbrush, but unfortunately the fluoride treatment gave me a headache (it always does and I'm not sure why). I was so happy after the 30 minutes was over because I hadn't eaten anything since lunch at 10:30 this morning.

I'm definitely gonna try to brush and floss more because I don't like dealing with cavities and I know my parents hate when I complain and the dentist probably complains about my attitude after I leave too. I need to work on all of this.

No comments: