Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Another year older

It's true. Today I'm officially another year older. Well not only that, but today at 12:05 this afternoon, I turned into an adult. I'm officially 18. That's amazing.

Today I got a lot of Happy Birthdays from friends and stuff. It was especially embarrassing when my biology 2 class sang Happy Birthday to me. That's one problem with having your birthday on a school day. At least, it wasn't the band singing it. There's a reason most of us are in band and that reason is some of us can't sing. I probably shouldn't say that about me since my church choir believes I can sing and I do have two solos this year. Geez, I should practice.

Our youth group was going to an internet safety presentation tonight at our middle school. Because it's my birthday, I just decided to stay home since my parents wanted to have a special dinner for me. I know of a few other people who didn't want to go and ended up not going to the presentation, so all is good with that. I shouldn't say this, but my little joke with my pastor/piano teacher was that if we didn't go, there could be three kids missing next week. After I started naming off who was gonna be gone, he said I didn't get to choose, but I figured out the three who could be now since there are three that I know of who didn't go. Maybe there were even more.

One reason for the presentation is that lately school districts near mine has been having trouble with kids sending bad pictures of themselves to the entire school via their cell phone. Sorry guys, but I have better judgment and morals than that. Why would I want to send a dirty picture of myself? Wait...why would I take a dirty picture of myself and send it to people who I don't really know?

I wouldn't. I also not to be cocky or anything, but I've been on computers longer than most of my friends because I grew up on them, so I know internet safety. Plus we've had internet safety classes in school. I know what to not go onto.

So anyways, I stayed home and ate cake from Coldstone Creamery. It was so good. It was a peanut butter cup cake basically. So good! I know I said that already. I also got a call from some friends who I haven't talked to in a couple of months, which was cool. I got some cool stuff like Wii Fit. We've been messing with that one a bit tonight. My dad's fitness age is 60. I was at 33 at the start, but got down to 18, which was cool.

In the mail today, I got another thing from ATF or Acquire The Fire. It's addressed to the youth director at my house. Do I look like a youth director? I may be 18, but I'm no youth director. The last time they sent me something, it was a big box. Why do I keep getting these things? I really don't understand it.

Oh and did I mention that all week is like a party for me. On Monday, I had my marching band banquet. It was ok. It was actually kinda annoying. There was some disappointment that I don't feel like talking about because I'm just gonna let it go. Band isn't that important to me anyways. Then yesterday, I went out with my friend and my aunt to go shopping at Agape bookstore for my Birthday present from my aunt. I got a book called Dateable. No, I'm not dating yet, but I just find dating books very interesting. Actually I love all kinds of youth books. I love spiritual books. I have a ton of purity teen books on dating and such. Tonight I had dinner and cake with my parents and neighbor/adopted grandma. Tomorrow is my uncle's birthday, so we're having a family get together at my aunt's house with some of my extended family for both birthdays. Then on Friday, we have a renewal service and there's a potluck, but I'm not sure if I'll go to that yet. I might just be dead tired and sleep on Friday. On Saturday, I'm going to check out a few colleges.

Anyways, I think that's all I've got for today. I'm so tired tonight and ready for bed. Two more days of school until the weekend. Oh and geez, I forgot that I need to practice piano for my lesson tomorrow, but practicing will have to wait until tomorrow because it's getting late here. Hey if practice makes perfect and nobody's perfect, then why practice?

No comments: