Wednesday, November 26, 2008

My Vision Board

As one final project in my psychology class, my teacher made us make a vision board. She wanted this to be something that we could take with us. So we cut out pictures from magazines. She also wanted us to think of 10 things we wanted to do in the next 5 to 10 years and then out of those 10, pick out 3 to write paragraphs about. Mine were

  1. I want to practice healthier eating habits.
  2. I want to exercise more.
  3. I want to find my dream job.
  4. I want to make others laugh.
  5. I want to get others to enjoy life.
  6. I want to be even more positive than I am.
  7. I want to get married to my dream guy.
  8. I want to be less argumentative.
  9. I want to have a big family with my dream guy.
  10. I want to get more sleep at night.

For the 3, I chose I had to explain what it was, why it was important, and how I am going to accomplish it. So I'll put that up too. And if you haven't read The Great Gatsby, then you probably won't understand a lot of the stuff I'm saying. I only mention The Great Gatsby a lot because my psychology teacher was my English teacher last year and we talked a lot about the American Dream in that class.

This project reminds me so much of the American Dream project. How? Well, I want to find my dream job. No, not the kind where you sleep and dream of different jobs. I'm talking about the American Dream. You know, like Gatsby's dream was to get rich and get the girl. My dream is nothing like Gatsby's. Finding my dream job is important to me because we all have to live somehow, right? We all have to have a job to pay for things we want and to pay for the dreaded taxes. Money really isn't an issue for me. In my youth group a few weeks ago, we rated what was most important to us in a dream job and money was the least important to me. I want to change the world with whatever I do and change the lives of many. I don't know what I want to do currently, but for the next couple of years, I'm going to go to college to try to figure out what I could do for the rest of my life.

Before I start this next paragraph, I would like to mention this: I like to talk to myself. What can I say? I get bored and when I'm bored, I tend to talk to myself. Doesn't everyone talk to themselves once in a while? Ok, so maybe I talk to myself a little more than the average person. I like to talk to myself especially after brushing my hair. I say things like "I'm calm, cool, and collected" or "I'm beautiful, smart, pretty, nice, etc." And then I laugh at myself. Or maybe I laugh with myself however that happens. I don't know if that's actually possible though. Why do I? Trust me on this, it's not a negative thing. As I've learned in psychology, laughing is good for you. It's a stress reducer and it gives your body a good feeling. Go ahead and try it. It's fun and entertaining. I laugh at myself in the mirror because it's entertaining to watch myself laugh I guess. Are you laughing yet? You should be because that's exactly what I want. Two of my wants could actually be made into one. I want to make others laugh and I want to get others to enjoy the life they live. When I first started making videos on my computer, I didn't want to sound super boring talking about my life, so I decided to make funny videos of me just doing random stuff. I'm random, which is something very important to me. I love being random because it sparks my creativity. I just so much enjoy watching people's faces when I show them my videos and even when I do pointless random stuff in front of other people, I love watching their reactions. It makes me feel good. Like I said, I also want to get people to enjoy life. A lot of people in this country are unhappy. They try to hide their problems through drinking alcohol or using drugs. I can't stand to see people doing this because they're ruining their lives and we only have one life on this planet. A lot of people I know would say that I have a sunny disposition. What can I say? I love my life. These days I'm a carefree, happy person. Last year after taking physics and stuff, I just stopped caring about certain things, and one of those things was what people thought of me. I don't care so much anymore of what others thinks of me. I'm happy and I want to see others the same way. I'm going to keep on being random because I know it makes people laugh and lets them forget about certain problems they have for at least a little while.

I have 11 cousins on my mom's side of the family and 3 on my dad's side, which makes 14 cousins altogether. You may look at this and say, "Wow, she probably wants a small family." Actually I want to have a big family. I only have one brother, so I want a big family like my extended family. I also want it with my dream guy. And no, I'm not talking about the sleeping dreams again. I'm talking about the American dream again. I just really like the idea of having a big family especially at Christmas time. I have great memories of my family celebrating Christmas and I want to make even more memories. Now to accomplish this, I need to marry my dream guy. I don't know when this will happen, but I have faith that when the right time comes, God will throw a guy into my pathway that I'm taking and we'll go from there. Hopefully I won't have problems like Gatsby did though.

Don't you just love it how I'm referencing back to The Great Gatsby so much? Well, doesn't a lot of this stuff have to do with the American Dream? I think it does.

No comments: