Thursday, November 27, 2008

No pleases, but a lot of thank yous

Today is Thanksgiving. One of the only holidays we celebrate that is a verb. We're giving thanks for what we have. I was thinking last night before going to bed (and I'm quite surprised I didn't forget it when I fell asleep) that I want to try something different with being thankful. I want to give thanks not only to these people, but to God who created and put these people into my life.

I'll start off with my family. I'm thankful for having two parents who love me very much and have always been there for me. I'm thankful for my little brother, Brad. Yeah, he bugs me a lot of the time, but hey we're siblings and that's what we do. I'm thankful for my cats, Leo, Max, and Abby. I'm thankful for my extended family. I love living in such a big family. I love our family get-togethers. I love you, Aunt Ann and Aunt Beth. I'm thankful for how much you guys have impacted my Christian faith. You guys rock! I'm thankful for the multitude of cousins I have and especially thankful for the newest cousin who is due I think in February. My grandma is gonna be a great grandma. I'm thankful for my grandparents. Even though I hated being held by my grandma when I was a baby, I love going to their house to play with the cats and I love the sweet tooth, grandma and I share so often. Thanks grandpa for the kind heart you have to take care of all the cats on your farm. Thank you Aunt Linda for always bringing me home taffy from up north. Thank You God for putting me in such a wonderful family.

I'm thankful for all my friends especially those in youth group. We have such good times in youth group. I'm thankful for all the guys in youth group especially Noah and Chris who are awesome musicians and I enjoy every chance I get to play in worship band with you guys. I'm thankful for JJ, my "older brother." I don't understand you have the time, but that's ok, I still love you. I'm thankful for David. He was my neighbor for probably 10 years or so and I enjoyed playing with him any time and I miss those times as a kid. I'm thankful for the girls in youth group. Becky, my best friend, thank You God for her amazingness. Thank You God for amazing youth group moments whether during Wednesday nights or during our activities. I'm thankful for Abbi and Hannah who talk a lot and get annoyed easily during worship band rehearsal with Noah and Chris, but are wonderful friends nonetheless. I'm thankful for Amanda. She always puts a smile on my face. I'm thankful for Rebecca. I'm thankful for all the new kids we have in youth group. I like to see our youth group growing. I'm thankful for Lexi. God, Lexi and I have our rough patches (every day), but I'm so incredibly thankful for her. I'm thankful for all my band friends. I don't know where I would be without band as much as I hate it sometimes. I'm thankful for Melissa. I love our conversations at lunch and I love the poking fights.

I'm thankful for anyone and everyone who has ever helped with youth group. God puts such amazing people into youth group to work with us crazy teens. I'm thankful today especially for Matt and Lindsay, who are incredibly awesome. I'm so thankful for all the fun times we had with them in youth group. Thankful for the saran wrap (well maybe not that), 30 Hour Famine fun, tea parties in the nursery, movie nights, amazing Wednesday night lessons, and random conversations in the nursery with Lindsay (when people wouldn't stop walking into the youth room).

I'm thankful for my pastor/piano teacher. It's a good sign when I've been taking piano lessons with the same teacher for 9 years without quitting. I'm thankful for my church family. I'm thankful that they love my flute playing and don't think it's terrible. I'm thankful for church choir. I'm thankful for everyone in my church who cares about me.

I'm thankful for my neighbor Bonnie and her three sweet boys. I'm thankful that I can have such awesome conversations with awesome Christians. I'm thankful for anyone and everyone who once in a while stops for a moment and reads this blog. I'm thankful for the chance I have to read other people's blogs like Tim and Dana's. So what if I don't know them personally, I still enjoy reading what they write about.

I'm thankful for all the stuff I have. It's material things, so it doesn't really matter as much to me. I'm thankful for the food I'm going to eat tonight and the people I'll share it with.

Finally I'm thankful for God's amazing grace. I'm thankful for Jesus. Thank You God for sending Your one and only son down to earth to save us all from our sins. Thank You Jesus for dying on the cross so that we could all live.

No comments: