Thursday, November 27, 2008

God is Awesome!

Something amazing happened to me on Sunday amidst some really cruddy stuff. Sunday night, my family went out to dinner to celebrate my dad's birthday which was actually yesterday. On our way there, we were talking about Madrigal dinner. It's a thing the choir at my high school does every year as a fundraiser. It's a play/musical thingy. And this year, my brother's in it. My parents started talking about going on the Saturday night since it's going on two nights and my mom has to get ready for market on the Friday night. When they mentioned the 13th of December, I started to freak out. That's the night of our Christmas program at church.

As we got out of the car to go to dinner, I told my dad not to worry about it and just to go to Madrigal dinner, but he said he wanted to come here me sing my solo. I told him it was just a one line solo, but he said he wanted to go. On the outside, I may have seemed fine, but on the inside I was crying my eyes out.

As I was getting ready for bed that night, I was writing about what happened in my journal. All of sudden I just started bawling my eyes out. I cried for a while and my heart was just screaming for someone to talk to. I decided to go write a blog on my computer. A second or two later, one of my old youth pastors, Lindsay, logged on.

She started talking to me about what my AIM status said. It was talking about the games Chutes & Ladders and Candyland. I explained why I had those and then told her she logged on at the perfect time. She helped me through my dilemma and made me feel better.

The amazing thing is I never said anything out loud, but God knew I needed someone to talk to. He totally provided for me! And come to think of it, Lindsay always seems to log on at the right time or around the right time. I'm so thankful to have her as a friend. I'm thankful God brought her and Matt into my life.

As I was praying later on Sunday, I was thanking God for Matt and Lindsay and I couldn't stop saying the word awesome. And thinking about it right now makes me say awesome even more. It reminded me of last year when Lindsay called me to tell me that her and Matt were engaged. At that point, I couldn't stop saying oh my gosh. And thinking about that night, I still have to say oh my gosh. And when I look at that day in my journal, I get this happy feeling and I wanna say oh my gosh even more. God is awesome!!!!

Awesome!

No comments: