Sunday, November 30, 2008

Complain complain complain

You know sometimes this seems to be the only thing I do. I complain about my youth group more than anyone else I know. And no, I'm not a youth pastor. Actually I'm just a teen. But I've seen better days with this youth group and I guess that's why I complain so much these days. But that doesn't really mean I have the right to complain.

I don't actually know why I complain so much. I just do it. One time my Aunt Ann made a bet with me that I couldn't last a week without complaining. Guess who won that one? She did. Back then I complained about just about everything. These days, my complaining is centered on youth group and usually it's centered particularly in the Sunday school department. I really shouldn't complain though. At least we have teachers teaching us. It's better than no teacher at all.

Give me one good reason why I shouldn't complain about my youth group. Well that answer lies in the youth group itself. Let me tell you something.

On Friday, we had a movie night that I wasn't looking forward to because the guy in charge of activities doesn't pick good movies. I went in there on Friday with a totally bad attitude. I didn't want to be there at all. Why was I then? Two of my friends, Amanda and David, wanted me to come. So I did. The projector over heated so we had some free time to let it cool down. We all split into groups and just stood there talking. That's where it got interesting. I had my friend Rebecca show Amanda and Kim the awkward turtle babies. That was a mistake because during the rest of the movie, they were laughing about either that or something else. After the movie we played a game called Imaginiff. It was so much fun! We were laughing the whole time.

I have come to realize that as much as I complain about youth group, I love the people. I love them like my brothers and sisters. Now I just need to stop complaining about it all the time.

So now I think it's time for some what ifs and have you evers.

#402 What if you were an unmarried, pregnant 15-year-old?
  • Well it would be a lot like the show The Secret Life of the American Teenager. My parents probably wouldn't be too happy with me. And I probably wouldn't be too happy with myself since I have my own purity pact. But I believe my family would support me no matter what. And I'd also keep the baby because I'm prolife.
#80 What if you knew more than your parents?
  • That would be amazing. I don't think I would like that. I would probably be called a smart aleck or something. I don't like the idea of that.
#259 What if you could do anything you wanted for one day?
  • I'm not sure what I would do. I would probably play the Sims all day or talk to friends online. But you know eating as much chocolate as possible without getting sick would be amazing too.
#173 Have you ever been offered any kind of illegal substances? (What substances? What did you do? How did you feel?)
  • I am very thankful for the fact that no one has ever offered me any kind of illegal substances. Although there are probably a lot of kids at school who drink and do drugs, I've never been asked. If I were asked I would say no because I don't want to mess up my life with drugs.
#61 Have you ever told your parents that you love them? (When? Where? Why? How did you feel? What happened?)
  • Of course I have. Who hasn't? I tell my parents I love them especially when they are getting ready to go on vacation without us kids. I'm a worrier and I worry about them when they leave us. One time I remember was last year and it was the night before my parents left. I came home from my brother's play and my dad was in the back room watching tv. I started crying and my dad gave me a hug. And I told them I was gonna miss them.
#337 Have you ever had a family member die? (Who? How did you hear about it? What was your response? How did you feel? What would you like to tell that person today?)
  • Yes, I've had a ton of family members die, but mostly in my extended family. I don't remember how old I was, but I remember when my Great Aunt Doris passed away. My mom was always taking care of her. That day, my Aunt Ann kept calling to see if my mom was home, but she was at market. My dad told me later in the day and he said that they should have told me sooner because I was old enough to handle it. I wasn't that hurt by it because I didn't know her that well. And I'm not sure what I would like to tell that person today. I guess I wish I could have gotten to know her better because all I have now are the stories.

No comments: