Saturday, March 7, 2009

Broken Bones

This is the title of what my devotion was this morning. This morning was a little rushed. I had to get up and get ready to be at my aunt's church (about 20 minutes from my house) by 9. I got up at 8. Needless to say I was a little late. I'll blame myself on that one. I shouldn't have slept so long. I'm a slow reader, which is probably a good thing with my devotions. I enjoy the time I have with these devotions.

I never really realized back in 2007 how much most of these relate to my life. I guess my heart really wasn't into these devotions back then.

This particular devotion talked about how God sometimes needs to "break us" to get our attention back on Him.

Now this devotion didn't get as interesting until I was at my aunt's church. My best friend Becky and I were working with the kids. Well, we were more so participating in the kids activities since there weren't that many kids (2 or so, but that's not important). One of our pastors was doing illusions. We were talking about the Good Shepherd and he decided to share something with us that was on his mind. It was weird because what he told us was what my devotion had said this morning. He basically said this:

When sheep would keep disobeying and go the wrong way, sometimes the shepherd would take his staff and break the leg of a sheep. While the sheep was healing, the shepherd would gently hold the sheep. It would become dependent on the shepherd and once it was healed, it wouldn't run away because of the bond that had been sewn together through the healing process.

Ok I think I paraphrased that a bit. Isn't this sweet though? It's exactly what my devotion was talking about. The pastor who was doing the illusions thought it was kinda weird, but I think it's really cool.

No comments: