Monday, March 16, 2009

Checking out early

It's that time again people. Spring is almost here and I can feel it, the seniors are starting to check out. Senioritis is in the air.

I don't really remember any senior class checking out as early as my class is currently. We just started our third trimester, which means I'm done with 2/3 of my senior year at my high school and about 3 more months until graduation (that's just scary).

Case in point. At the beginning of the second trimester, there were about 7-8 seniors in my precalc class. It's the second week of the new trimester. Wanna guess how many have survived and are going forward with it? There are about 3 of us.

I actually considered the idea of switching out of precalc for a few weeks, but I guess I'm lazy or something and just didn't want to deal with the counselors (they just didn't give me a good vibe the last time I was in the counseling office). I thought counselors were supposed to help us (at least that's what they told us when we were getting ready in middle school to make that transition). So I'm pretty much stuck in my precalc class just because I didn't want to deal with the counselors.

All my friends have been telling me to get 5th hour release (when I have precalc). In case you don't know what release is, it's when you get to leave before everyone else because you have a job or something. Some people have the pointless 1st release just to sleep in I suppose. The problem with the idea of release is 1. I don't have a job and 2. I feel bad when I miss school. I feel guilty when I get sick. It's like I would rather get everyone else sick than stay home and get better. It's bad.

Release just doesn't sound all that appealing to me, but I know of a ton of seniors particularly most of the ones who were in my precalc class that have gotten release for this trimester.

I feel sorry for the seniors that have to write their term papers this trimester. It will definitely stink. And they won't be getting as many snow days. We got a couple last trimester. I'm just happy to be done with my term paper. I'm glad I don't have to deal with it this term.

I'm actually not really checking out just yet. Let's wait a couple months until May, when I start to really check out. It could be because I'm not ready to leave high school yet. That's how I'm feeling anyways. I'm really nervous to start college.

Why is everyone checking out so soon this year? The year is going by fast enough for me.

The teachers are not ready for us to all start checking out, so we seriously need to get ourselves together and not check out until the very last moment.

The good news is that we have 9 more days of school until spring break. Ok, maybe I am starting to check out. Haha.

No comments: