Sunday, March 15, 2009

A Tempting Moment

Yesterday was the first time in a while that I've actually felt tempted to complain about youth group. I have been doing such a good job not complaining. But then just one little slip up can really mess you up.

Here's what I wrote in my journal last night:

Today was the first day I actually got tempted to complain about youth group. I mean during Lent. Stupid Satan! It was about the youth group not doing a lot of activities. but I need to think positively and remember what we have done. Look to the future. I don't know.

It all started when I was looking at a status whose name will remain anonymous about something their youth group was doing yesterday. It's Sunday, I guess I could complain, but I'm trying so hard to not complain about any of this at any time.

I must say today made up for yesterday's bad feelings. My friend David IMed me this afternoon and asked if I wanted to go to Timber Town (one of the many parks in my town) with a few people from youth group. Of course. What else would I be doing on a Sunday afternoon? I was grateful to get out of the house this afternoon and into the sunny, warm weather.

We played hide-n-seek (we're all still kids at heart even though some of us are graduating this year (whoa! That's me.)) and set off some rockets. Then we went to get ice cream and played at Pierce Park (yet another park in my town).

See? All I have to do is stay positive. I also need to realize that my youth group does a lot of really cool things. Sure we don't go to all the concerts and stuff, but we still have lots of fun playing at the many parks we have in town. We're small town kids obviously and we just stick around doing whatever to keep ourselves entertained. I'm thankful for the youth group that I have. I love these people and they're like my second family.

No comments: