Monday, March 30, 2009

Home from FSU

If you haven't guessed by the title, I am home from Ferris State University. I had a very fun weekend.

On Friday, I was so grumpy and just felt totally rushed, but as soon as we got there, I was fine. Oh and it's really cold up there too. One of my friends thought I was in Ohio because he thought Ferris is in Ohio. No, it's actually up a ways in Michigan.

I met a lot of my friend Becky's friends. They're really cool people and really funny. On Saturday, we walked around Big Rapids and just hung out. Yesterday, we went to church. It was really different and I learned that we should all be giving each other 90 second hugs. The people there were really huggy. I was warned about that beforehand, but at the time, I thought Becky was just talking about the pastor's family. I'll talk about church in another blog though. It also snowed yesterday and was really cold. My dad, brother, cousin, and my brother's girlfriend came to pick me up and we walked around the campus for a bit. It's my dad's alma mater. The car ride home was very packed.

I miss hanging out in the dorm. I'll be there in a couple months though. No, not at Ferris, but in a dorm. I'm glad to be going to a Christian college where alcohol and stuff is banned because I don't like the idea of it. I know some people might disobey that, but the gist is that there is no alcohol allowed on campus. I also won't be in a co-ed dorm like my friend becky. Her suite mate is a girl, but her wall mate is a guy. I've heard some interesting stories about that one, but I won't share any. I'm starting to look forward to college.

No comments: