Monday, March 30, 2009

Where do I get these ideas?

Have you ever read something I've written and wondered where I got the idea for it? Don't worry I wonder it too sometimes. Where do I get these crazy and sometimes spontaneous ideas from?

When it comes to stories like The Chosen Llama Part Pi and my Kurtz story, I just keep writing. I just start with some random idea and it keeps going from there. I think it's my dad's side of the family where my brother and I get our humor and randomness.

When it comes to serious things that I write about, I think I'm influenced by what I see and hear. God is a big part. He lays stuff on my heart all the time that I just feel encouraged to write about.

I see how people react to things. I see their actions. I hear what they say. God lays a lot of stuff on my heart to write about things.

I like reading my old blogs. I never really thought about how much they impacted me. I don't know who I'm impacting by writing right now, but I'm fine with that. Who knows, I could be impacting myself. I go back and read a lot of my blogs on Battlecry and think how much they impact my life nowadays.

I think my parents sometimes wonder where I get my ideas from too. For instance, I mentioned to them last month that I wanted to go to church camp this year. They were wondering where I got this idea. Contrary to popular belief, I did not get this idea from Matt and Lindsay; they just reminded me. Last summer, I was talking to a friend about how I needed to get out of the house during the summer because it was driving me crazy. I promised that this next summer I would go to church camp no matter what. I've heard the stories about camp and I've never experienced any camp besides band camp, and this is why I want a new experience especially because this is my last summer to be considered a high schooler at my church's district camp.

I think I get my crazy dreams from my mom though. She's always explaining some dream that she has had. She has a lot of crazy ones. I have a ton of crazy ones too and the only reason I remember a lot of them is because I started writing them down in December of 2006. I don't do it as much anymore. I think it's an interesting subject of the brain. Our states of consciousness. It's so mysterious, but really cool. Our brains are so complex. Only God could create something that amazing that actually prunes itself.

No comments: