Saturday, March 21, 2009

Only God

Have you ever looked up into a clear night sky and saw all the stars in sky and just stood there amazed? I'll bet you've done something like that.

It was a bit chilly tonight as I walked out to the parking lot to drive home from church. We had a movie night tonight for youth group. It was a lot of fun. But anyways, that's not really what I wanted to talk about.

As I was walking out there in the parking lot, I began looking up. The sky is so brilliant tonight. I just looked up as I got to my car and stood there for a few moments absorbing the view.

Have you ever gotten down to the point where you're not really sure if God really exists or not?

I know that God exists for a multitude of reasons. Looking up into the sky, I know only God could have put those stars in their place. I don't care what science says. I don't really understand evolution and the idea that we came from apes, when it was clear that God created us and animals and we are supposed to take care of the animals. I don't think Adam was a monkey.

In my biology 2 class right now, we're studying genetics with fruit flies. We've been taking a lot of notes on mitosis, meiosis, and punnett squares. We were all created to be unique. That's how God created us. I don't understand how mitosis and meiosis could be explained in any other way except God's way.

I find it amazing how a sperm and an egg can meet and the end result becomes a baby. Something so microscopic and the division of cells. It's all so amazing!

And I know that only God could have done it.

I'm so in awe right now of the work that God does in our lives. How He can take something so small and make it into something big. How He can make something that seems so useless into something completely useful and amazing. How He can transform our lives. How He can love us so much no matter what we do. How He can make the stars shine as they do.

It's all so amazing! And it's all His work!

No comments: