Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Square Day

Only a very interesting math teacher (who is obsessed with Pi Day) would grab my interest today to teach us that today is Square Day. Why is that? What does this mean?

3-3-09
3x3=9
3^2=9

It is Square Day. No, it's not be a square day. It's Square Day.

Isn't that kinda interesting? Supposedly, according to my math teacher, today is supposed to be lucky. I wonder if that's why she changed the dice when it clearly said 1 (to turn in for accuracy) to a 6 (to turn in for bonus). I have some pretty crazy teachers.

Since this week is about to get 10 times more stressful on me (due to trimester finals), I've decided to do some what ifs and have you evers tonight. I'm in the sort of mood to get some stress off my shoulders. I think everyone needs a good laugh sometimes. Did you know that laughter is a stress reducer?

#177 What if World War III were declared?
  • No offense, but sometimes I wonder if we're near a World War III. I'm a little scared, but not too worried about it. I do have to wonder if they would have a draft for that. I know the draft was for Vietnam, but still. Of course, we have a ton of courageous people out there already serving our country. I wonder if we could call the war on terror a third world war. Of course, I think the war on terror is more of a never ending war. Of course, who said was it Vietnam or Korean War that we never exactly finished?
#233 What if you could only keep three of your photographs?
  • Now why would it be that I couldn't keep all of my photographs? I would probably keep a picture of my youth group all together, a picture of my family, and a picture of my cats.
#2 What if you inherited a million dollars?
  • I hate to say it, with how bad the economy is and everything, but I would probably save it. I don't spend money. I hate shopping. Am I really a girl? I'm a girl, just not a girly girl. Well, ok, sometimes I am a girly girl, but most of the time, I hate shopping.
#162 Have you ever been on the toilet and found out too late that there was no toilet paper? (What did you do? How did you feel? Why?)
  • Now here's a funny one. Come on, admit it. It has totally happened to all of us at one time or another. This one cracks me up and I don't know why, but I'm laughing at the thought of it right now. The "too late" part is what gets me laughing. I have had that happen before. I think I called for someone and asked them to get me some toilet paper. I wouldn't say I felt embarrassed. Nothing embarrassing about that unless it was at school or in the public, but at home, it's not embarrassing. I felt unloved this one time when no one heard me, so I cried. No, that didn't really happen. I didn't really cry. I know I'm loved.
#128 Have you ever rehearsed what you were going to say before you made a telephone call? (Who did you call? Why did you rehearse? How did the call go?)
  • Now you have to understand something about me. I rehearse every conversation I have with anyone basically. It doesn't matter if it's on the phone or online, I have pretend conversations in my head. The real thing is never really like the conversation in my head. I rehearse because I guess I get nervous talking to certain people. That and it's something to do.
#391 Have you ever thought you might have met an angel? (When? Where? Why do you think this? What did you do? What do you wish you would have done?)
  • I think I've probably met a lot of angels. Some of my friends I tend to think may be angels. I love how God puts certain people into our lives for a reason. And He may take them away for a while (moving away, etc.), but they're never gone for as long as we fear they will be. I don't really know how to answer this question. There is a song that does go along great with the question. It's called Angels All Around Us.

No comments: