Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Dust

Lately, I've been trying to get in the habit of doing morning devotions before school. Right now, I'm going through a book I started back in 2007, but stopped because I got bored of it I suppose. It's called 40 More Days with God and it's by Rebecca St. James.

I didn't realize how today's devotion really mattered until this afternoon. Here's some of what Rebecca says:

How many times do we look out the window on a sunny day and not stop to praise God for it? How many times do we see "minimiracles" or answers to prayer and not thank Him? I really believe so many times God "calls out" to us through everyday things and through His creation, and yet we don't hear because we're too busy or distracted. David said in Psalm 19:1, "The heavens declare the glory of God; the skies proclaim the work of his hands" (NIV).

I have western windows. As much as you might think that this doesn't matter, it actually does matter. Because I have western facing windows, I get to see the sunsets most evenings and I get the last light of the night.

This afternoon right before the sun went behind some clouds and was getting ready to set, I witnessed a beautiful thing. Sometimes the sunlight streams through my windows in a really pretty way. The sunlight hit a certain area in my room today and I noticed dust particles floating through the air. It was really cool. I blew some air out and watched the pieces go in a wavy motion.

It was truly amazing and truly a creation of God. I believe only God could make something that cool. I'm thankful for this dust. It reminds me of how cool God is.

No comments: