Thursday, February 19, 2009

Back to the real world

You know one thing I hate about coming home from a good vacation no matter how long it lasts? Coming back to the real world. Coming back to my day to day life.

I think it was on Friday, I was complaining about something youth group related, but then Lindsay told me that since I was there and not at home, I shouldn't be worrying about youth group. Or she said something along those lines. So I didn't complain about youth group. We did talk about youth group especially when I showed her the Twister videos I have. Twister. My youth group's new favorite game. It's so twisted and wrong at times, but hilarious.

Now that I'm back at home though, I feel like I'm starting to get back in the mode of complaining. There hasn't really been anything the last couple of days that I've been particularly upset about having to do with youth group. Why is youth group the only thing I ever complain about anymore? Is there a reason I do this? I have no answers for why I complain about youth group so much. I need an answer to this.

Even though I was gone for only 3-4 days, I have been finding it hard to get back into the mode of ordinary life. It just feels different and I don't know why that is. But for sure, I'm back to the real world.

In a way, because of where I was over the weekend, I almost feel like it was a dream. I guess you could say vacations are dreamy and that's ok, but when you wake up, you're back in the real world; back to your normal routine.

I'm having a hard time getting back into that normal routine. I feel bad for my youth group. I thought I could close my mouth, but apparently I can't this time. Over the summer, it wasn't that difficult not to talk, but I want to tell someone of my adventures over the weekend. I want to tell someone who would understand. Unfortunately, not everyone wants to hear about my adventures.

No comments: