Friday, February 20, 2009

S.A.D.

Ok, I know it's been almost a week since Valentine's Day, but I had another idea. Do you know what S.A.D. means?

It's Singles Awareness Day and it falls on Valentine's Day. Why is it sad though?

This is total happiness coming from me, but I'm aware that I'm single and I like that. I like being single. I'm in high school for crying out loud! I don't need to be dating right now. I've got better things to do with my time. I don't need to waste my time on a relationship that won't even last. Well there are some exceptions to that, but most of the time, high school relationships don't last.

I don't understand why people get sad and/or mad about being single. My friend wrote on another friend's Facebook wall asking what S.A.D. meant and then when he figured it out, he made a swearing comment that I won't mention. Let's keep the language clean here. Why are you mad that you're single right now?

You should be happy. You get to focus on better things. Valentine's Day doesn't bother me. I know God loves me and that's all that matters to me right now.

I'm not sad that I'm single. I'm super duper happy like you may already know with how much I've written about it so far. I'm content with just dreaming of my perfect guy right now.

No comments: