Friday, February 20, 2009

Eternal

I was thinking about something on my way to youth group on Wednesday night. Actually more like I was talking to God in the car. For some reason, praying anywhere out loud my bedroom scares me. It was just me, God, and my car that night. And I guess the other people on the road, but I usually sing in my car and I never notice anyone laughing at me, so why should I have a problem with praying in my car out loud?

So I was mostly praying that God would give me the ears to hear what the SRSLY people wanted to talk to us about and the right words to speak back to them. But then I had a nice conversation with God about something I had also been thinking about.

I had been listening to a song called Eternal by Sanctus Real. I really like this song, but I haven't really ever thought much of it. On Wednesday, I really got hooked on the lyrics and I've never thought about this before.

I like the idea of being eternally Yours. As in eternally God's.

It just amazes me. The idea of being in Heaven with God for eternity. I kinda can't really explain how I'm feeling. But my conversation with God was basically telling Him that I love this idea of being eternally His.

No comments: