Sunday, February 22, 2009

I can't

I was talking to a friend tonight. You know who you are Bethany. Haha. Well anyways, I told her I had the perfect thing to give up for Lent. I should give up caring. But then I decided that this would be stupid. It would probably mess with my personality and like Bethany said, it would really mess up my spiritual life.

Somewhere in this conversation, we got into a conversation about complaining. I want to not complain, but I don't know how to not complain, so I asked Bethany. She told me to keep my mouth shut, read and meditate on scripture, and pray for God's help. And also learn to be content.

While talking to her, I had my doubts. I had my little conversation with myself that no I can't do this. But then I remembered something. I remembered what happened at Sun Valley Indian School. At that school, they buried "I can't." None of their kids are allowed to say I can't. Because the truth is, we can do it, if we set our minds to something and believe in it, we can do it.

I've decided challenge myself. Let's see how it goes for the first couple of days. I'm not going to complain. Ok, more so I'm gonna try to not complain. Regardless of how well this goes, I think I've got what I'm going to give up for Lent or try to work on at least.

Wish me luck. I'm gonna need it. I need to get out of this spell of nasty complaining.

Every time I'm tempted to complain, I'll try to think about Jesus. He didn't complain while he was on the cross. He died for us because he loves us. Jesus is amazing!

I can do this. I believe in myself!

No comments: