Friday, February 6, 2009

Just shut up!

Wow, that feels good to say. This has been in my mind for a week now. I just haven't gotten around to it because I've been so busy and stressed out. And forgive me if this sounds like a term paper or something. I've been so busy writing my term paper this week.

Last Friday, we had a movie night at my church, but we didn't really watch the movie. Instead, we played games like Twister and Imaginiff. I don't know how the subject turned to this, but at one point, a few of the girls were talking about one of my friends.

Let's just say it wasn't the nicest conversation. Listening in on the conversation, I knew instantly that they were making fun of her. I have said this a hundred times I know, but I don't deal with bullying well. Sure they weren't really bullying, but they were making fun of her. I tried to stand up for my friend, but I don't think they were listening.

We as Christians can be such hypocrites sometimes. God told us to love one another, but are we all doing that? No wonder so many people don't like Christians.

I'm not perfect. I can be a hypocrite sometimes, but I'm trying. I don't like getting involved with making fun of people unless the person knows we're doing it and they are completely ok with it. The problem with us Christians is that we are hypocrites.

People see us and how we're acting. If we don't welcome them, then they aren't gonna think that God is very welcoming.

One thing I want to emphasize is that God is nothing like us people. God is so much more. We as Christians are trying to follow in the footsteps of God, but we'll never be that perfect. The secular world needs to look past us and look for God.

We're supposed to be bringing people to Christ, not turning them away.

No comments: