Sunday, April 12, 2009

Appreciate what you do have

Yesterday was an extremely busy day for me. I got up and had to be at my church by 8:30, so we could leave for Flint Eastside Mission. There were seven of us: 4 girls and 3 boys. We have certain traditions when we go on trips like this. For instance, any mission trip we go on with my aunt, we have to listen to Breakfast by Newsboys. Whenever we go up to Flint, we always go to Fuddruckers for lunch. The one exception to that was when we were fasting and our youth pastor passed out, but that's a story for a different time.

On this particular trip, we were helping with their Easter dinner. I helped with getting people their drinks. It was really busy for a while, but not as bad as I would have thought. That was new to me. I had never helped serve a meal for them before.

One of the girls who was with us was talking afterwards about how seeing all these people makes her feel bad for what she has, but she also has a greater appreciation for what she has.

That's something we should all think about. Sometimes we take too much for granted, but we need to appreciate the small things that we do have.

No comments: