Friday, April 3, 2009

A lesson I should have learned a while ago

I'm such a stubborn person. I think I always have been too even as a kid. So when I was a kid I never really listened to my parents about this lesson.

Yesterday, I was bored. So I went outside and jumped on my neighbor's trampoline. It's not really fun though unless there are other people and my neighbor's are away right now. It got me wishing that I had someone to play with or maybe just hang with.

I wish I had learned as a kid that in order to have friends to hang out with when you're older, you need to make friends right when you're that age.

I have a friend who lives a couple blocks from my house and we used to play a lot...at least when I felt like playing. I remember thinking that I didn't want to play with her at her house because I had things to do at my house that were plenty entertaining.

I don't know what those entertaining things were, but I wish I had them right now. It has been a bit of a dull spring break without friends to hang out with.

Kids, listen to this, go play with your friends. You'll need it later on in life.

I regret telling my friend that I didn't want to play with her. And I used to get jealous when she had pool parties that I didn't get invited to. And gee, I wonder why that is. Of course, then again, I don't deserve to go to those parties. I was a rotten kid for not wanting to play with that friend.

This girl and I still talk, but we're not as good of friends as we used to be. We've just kinda gone our separate ways. This has been a hard lesson for me to learn.

No comments: