Friday, April 3, 2009

Spring Break of Torture

I never seem to have a normal spring break. There always seems to be something that happens to me that is painful. Well, ok, that has only happened twice I think. My sophomore year and this year.

During my sophomore spring break, I was supposed to have an appointment to talk to the oral surgeon about my wisdom teeth. We had that on the Wednesday and we told them that I didn't want to miss much school, so they said, why not do it tomorrow? So I got my wisdom teeth out on a Thursday during spring break. I must say, it wasn't that bad. Unfortunately I didn't puff up like a chipmunk, which made me sad. I wanted to take a picture of that. And I only took the Vicodin twice. I've been dealing with oral surgery stuff since I was a little, little kid. So it just felt like I had gotten a few fillings. One thing I regret doing during that recovery process though was going shopping. Never ever do that when you are recovering.

Now if you follow me on Twitter, you may have seen that on Wednesday, I had a fun trip to the doctor. This trip to the doctor was meant to talk about my acne and do a biopsy of something on my neck. We ended up killing five birds with one stone though. And I ended up freaking someone out by how I set my status on Twitter. I got my meningitis vaccination (oh the stuff I do for college), got my TB test (once again, college), got my biopsy done, talked about what to do for my acne, and as an added bonus, got my ears flushed out. The meningitis shot hurt a lot; that needle was very long, but my mom told me not to look. The TB test was short and I have good news, I don't have TB, but my arm is bruised where I got that done. The biopsy hurt when my doctor numbed it, but it was fine after that. Oh yeah and now I have a black dot there, but she told me not to worry about that. I don't know what she put on it, but the black dot was something she did. My question was the same for everything: is this gonna hurt? My doctor hadn't thought about looking in my ears, but as soon as we mentioned it, she looked, and said yep, there's a lot of ear wax in there. So then she got this contraption that looked like a hoop and she scooped out the ear wax. But she didn't get all of it, so her assistants came in with a cup of half peroxide, and half warm water; a dish; and a very interesting looking syringe. Is this gonna hurt? It didn't. If you've never had this done before, it's a very weird feeling. They squirt the liquid in your ear and it feels like it explodes in your ear, but it drains out bring the ear wax with it.

So this has been one of those painful spring breaks. So now that I've explained this, we should all know that I don't meningitis or TB. You know who you are that thought I did.

No comments: