Sunday, April 19, 2009

Somebody sat on me again

Movie trivia time. My title is a quote from a movie. Do you know what movie it's from?

No, not from The Little Mermaid. It's not from Sleeping Beauty or Snow White. It's not from Beauty and the Beast. But if you're thinking of some of these movies, then you're on the right track. It wasn't from Enchanted either.

Have you figured out my theme yet? Disney and princesses. But have you figured out what movie the quote is from?

Ok, I guess I'll tell you. It's from The Princess Diaries.

Now I'll get back to that in a second, but first I gotta ask a question. Have you ever felt like you were invisible? Like no one could see you and you were all alone?

I know there are sometimes when we just wish we could disappear. Sometimes I wish I had an invisibility cloak like Harry Potter. But I'm not talking about those times when you want to disappear.

I'm talking about the times when you feel like everyone around you is ignoring you. Sure, we are not supposed to be the center of attention. I get that. But it kinda bugs me when I'm talking to some friends and someone comes up and starts talking to them and completely ignores me.

This happened to me the other day actually. I was talking to some friends before class and these guys came up asking if my friends were going to some concert that was going on and completely ignored me.

Last year, a friend and I wanted to try an experiment to see what people would think if I taped a piece of paper on my shirt that said that I was invisible. It was actually just a joke so we never actually did it.

Oh, I have another situation I was in as well. In my math class, my teacher had us work in groups. I was with 3 kids who are a year younger than me. This is where my blog idea actually came from. They completely ignored me and didn't ask me if I understood any of what we were talking about; they just expected me to know what I was doing.

Feeling invisible really hurts sometimes. I'm glad that no one has sat on me yet though.

Like Mia from the Princess Diaries, I have felt invisible. Over the last couple of days, I have come to realize that I actually don't mind feeling invisible even though it can really hurt. That hurt doesn't last a lifetime though, which I'm thankful for.

There is one more similarity that I have with Mia. Both of us are princesses. I know her story is completely fictional with a fictional land to rule over, but my story isn't fictional at all.

I'm a princess. My Father is the King of kings.

All of us are princesses or princes (can't forget the guys) because our Father is the King of kings.

Pretty cool thought, huh? Being invisible shouldn't matter to us. Maybe we feel all alone and like no one can see us because they obviously don't acknowledge us. But God can see us and God is with us and promises to never leave us. So really we're not alone as much as we might feel like we are.

Thinking about how I'm a princess makes me smile. I love it! God is so amazing!!!

7 comments:

emii said...

I can totally relate to what you said in your post -- and sometimes, being invisible can be totally horrible.But then again, sometimes -- it's actually good, because if you do something totally embarassing, no-one is there to notice. But it still hurts...I really like what you said about us being princesses -- it makes some of us realize that we are special -- I mean, come on -- we are PRINCESSES! Lol :P

KUTAW, emii

Libby said...

Hey Chelsea,

I didn't know you had this blog as well -- can you have two blogs? Anyways, great post. KUTAW!

Oh, and is this blog your main blog?

Libby

emii said...

Lol, Libby -- there are two diff Chelsea's =) And to answer your question, yes -- you can have more than one blog on the one account :)

Libby said...

Ha-ha, oops (sorry)!
Hi New Chelsea (as I am already familar to Club Chea) I'm Libby (as a nickname for Elizabeth), and I have a blog: http://www.htebazile-htebazile.blogspot.com
I'm new here, and I like your blog -- plus posts!
Keep it up.

Libby

P.s. now I feel weird -- lol, confusing!!!

Unknown said...

Hey Libby, it's totally ok. If you think two Chelsea's is confusing, try living in a town named Chelsea. That's what I have to deal with all the time. Come on you can laugh. Chelsea from Chelsea. It gets old, but it's still funny from time to time.

emii said...

Lol, that WOULD be kinda weird! :P

Libby said...

Yeah, confusing!

Okay, well I like your blog anyhow, Chelsea =)
Keep it up!

Libby