Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Are you even listening to me?

I thought about this during Precalc today while I wasn't really paying attention. Oh so that's why I had difficulty with the homework. Hey, it's the last hour of the day, so yeah, my mind likes to wander. Actually I stare off into space all the time particularly in band first thing in the morning. But this is not even close to the point I was gonna make.

I was thinking about the title of this. It has to do with the blog I wrote the other day about silence and listening for God.

This is the idea that got put in my head and while it's not hard for me to imagine, it might be a little difficult for you to imagine, but just bear with me.

When I was younger and didn't want to listen to my little brother being annoying or whatever, I would put my hands over my ears and start saying: lalalalalalalalalala. It would get to the point of him getting really annoyed with me. Can you imagine two siblings doing that to each other?

Sometimes I wonder if God feels like how my brother felt about me. Are you even listening to me? Sometimes I wonder if God is thinking that.

Are you covering your ears from God? Are you afraid to hear what He has to say? Are you afraid of His will for you? Well the Bible has news for you.

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11

What are you so afraid of? I think you have far many more things to be concerned about than what God has to say to you. And at that, you should lift up those concerns to God because He promises to take care of us.

Don't cover your ears from God. You might miss something really cool. Don't ignore God.

Don't be like those little kids trying to ignore other kids. They might not have anything good to say, but I think God has a lot of good things to say to all of us.

No comments: