Friday, April 3, 2009

A normal spring break

Check him out! This is a beautiful gray and white lion in his natural habitat.
So we have already learned about my normal spring breaks full of torture and pain. But now I'm gonna tell you what I used to do during spring break when I got bored.

My family doesn't go on vacation on spring break. We actually can't go on vacation during spring break. Do you see those flowers up there? That's exactly why we don't go on vacation during spring break. My mom is busy at work taking care of all sorts of plants.

My house is a little different from other houses. Well, so is my backyard. I don't really have a backyard during the summertime. There's a pool, but it takes up a lot of space. But you know what takes up a lot more space than just a pool? Four greenhouses. That's right. I have four greenhouses in my backyard. Plus the back of my house is slanted with windows running down the slant because my mom starts plants in our basement.

I don't actually have to go on vacation during spring break. I could probably get a tan sitting in the back room of my house where it gets really warm on sunny days. I could also go hang out in the greenhouses and stay warm.

When I was younger and didn't care about getting dirty, I would go out and help my mom transplant when I got bored during spring break. I have since been promoted to working at market and helping around the house in other ways. Our elderly neighbor, my adopted grandmother, Judy, has taken my place as transplanter.

I do miss those days. This week, I spent some time out there in the greenhouses just hanging out and as you can see, taking pictures with my cat, Max. Max adores those grasses. It makes him feel like a jungle cat. He is also a great cat to have for the business because he's so gentle with the smallest of kids who come to buy flowers with their parents. He also likes to follow people around. I think he got into one or two people's cars before as well.

No comments: