Monday, April 13, 2009

Want the key to my heart?

If you want the key to my heart, you have to go through Christ. There is a saying that goes like this: A woman's heart should be so lost in God that a man needs to seek Him in order to find her.

I really like that saying.

As you can see by that picture, it's a hand with a ring on it. Actually it's a left hand with a purity ring on the ring finger. And that's not just some random hand I found on the internet. That is actually my hand.

Now let me take you to someplace different for a second, but I promise we'll get back to my purity ring. I love reading my journals. I like to go through and see how much I've grown through the year, so I decided to take a trip down memory lane and look at what we did for Easter two years ago and even a year ago. I stumbled upon today's date from 2007. It was a Friday. Wow, a Friday the 13th. It was the day before I went to Battlecry for my second time. But I also wrote about a significant day in my life. The day I got my purity ring. It's interesting that I found it yesterday because I was looking for that entry a few months ago. Funny how that happens like that. Anyways, here's what I said in my journal:

I got my purity ring today. I'm wearing it on my left ring finger and it has a heart and a cross with a key going through both. It's cool.

To me, it feels pretty amazing that I have been wearing this ring for two years now. I do take it off sometimes, but not for long because my finger gets separation anxiety from not wearing it or something.

Purity is something I keep very close to my heart. It's so important to me. And the way my ring tells its story like the saying I have up there, I want that to be how my husband finds me. That may sound cheesy, but it's not a bad idea. God is the one who came up with this idea of being married, of being one. So I think we need to be lost in Him just to be found by another person who is so deeply lost in God. God will guide our paths.

I also really love these two sayings:

Dance with God...He'll let the perfect man cut in.

No boy is worth crying over. And the one that is won't make you cry.

That last one gets me really thinking deeply. It's so hard to think about too, but really cool. Both sayings are awesome!

No comments: