Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Caught in the middle

Help!!!!! I'm caught somewhere in the middle!!!! I can't move. I'm completely stuck like super glue. What do I do?

Things are changing yet all I can do is stand there. I feel them changing. I see them changing. It's inevitable that this change will happen, but here I am stuck in the middle.

Ok really I know you're curious to know what I'm talking about. I'm really finding myself caught in the middle at church.

I'm really fresh out of high school, so I almost feel like I should be with the adults. After all one of the guys who just graduated with me is already going with the adults. But at the same time I don't want to leave the high school group. Right now the classes are split by gender, so I could easily stay with the girls.

I know when I go to college I'll be able to find a group that fits my age and everything and what I need for my spiritual health, but right now, there's nothing for me. There's the boring adults (sorry old people) and there's the talkative teen girls (it's totally true we're talkative). Which do I choose?

Currently I'm in the girls Sunday school because hey they haven't kicked me out of it yet. I'm not actually out of youth group until the end of summer. When I heard that one of our guys is in the adult class already, I kinda felt like I was supposed to be there too.

I think my church needs to start a college group frankly. Problem is we don't have that many kids that will be staying back and we also will need to find a teacher.

I think it would actually be better if we had a college group during the summer because most of us will be home during the summer and will be able to get together. I don't want to come back next summer and still be caught in the middle between classes.

2 comments:

Pastor Bethany said...

Perhaps YOU could start the college group... see if anyone in the 18-25 range wants to meet at a coffee place once a week to do a bible study or even just meet to do something fun like bowling or swimming or whatever it is you all like to do. Something simple. Be the answer to the problem!

Meredith said...

You should tell your pastor that you think you should start a college age class. My dad's a pastor and I know he would love to know when people want to take action within the church. Also, there might even be people who DON'T come to Sunday School because they don't feel comforbtale in the adult class or the high school-aged class.Also, What college are you planning on going to?