Thursday, June 18, 2009

He pushed me!

I love little kids. They are so adorable. I'm kinda lucky to live around so many of them. Ok, lucky for babysitting, not so much in the dating area. I've been hoping a hot guy my age would move into my neighborhood for so long. Oh well, maybe someday.

Next door to me lives three incredibly sweet little boys. Well I guess that could depend on who you ask, but to me I think they're really sweet kids. But like all siblings, they fight. They push and shove and are mean to each other. My brother and I were the same way when we were that young.

Sometimes I can't help but wonder what Jesus would think of all this. I understand that siblings fight all the time and the Bible might be something adults understand more than children, but hey cut the kids a break. Their brains are still developing. Even my brain is still developing.

This is where Matthew 5:38-42 comes into play:

"You have heard that it was said, 'An eye for an eye, and a tooth for a tooth.' But I tell you, don't stand up against an evil person. If someone slaps you on the right cheek, turn to him the other cheek also. If someone wants to sue you in court and take your shirt, let him have your coat also. If someone forces you to go with him one mile, go with him two miles. If a person asks you for something, give it to him. Don't refuse to give to someone who wants to borrow from you."

Sometimes I'll see a little kid push another kid and the kid who gets pushed will push the other kid back. Sometimes I wish I could tell the kids to turn the other cheek. But I think for them it might be easier said than done like with all of us plus the kids would probably ask me what that means.

We don't always want to turn the other cheek. Most of the time we just want to fight back.

He pushed me! Well don't push him back. Let him keep pushing you.

Am I right in saying that if you ignore him and allow him to keep pushing you, he will probably stop?

It's so hard for little kids to do that though. And when the pushing begins, the crying is soon to arrive, which will get the attention of the adults who will show the discipline.

If I were you, I would just ignore it and let them keep pushing you. It may bubble inside you, but you won't get into as much trouble. Again though, easier said than done.

No comments: