Wednesday, June 17, 2009

I may be one, but I'm a cute one

I got the idea to write this yesterday and you may or may not think I'm a dork for doing it, but whatever I don't care. I'm writing it anyways.

Yesterday is the day last year that we got our kitten/cat/whatever she is right now. That's a picture of her from last year sleeping in the headboard shelf on my bed. She is adorable!

This is Abby. Actually her full name is Flabby Gabby Annoying Abby. But we call her Abby for short.

We hadn't originally planned to keep her. My Aunt Linda found her under her hot tub at her house. We had no idea where she had come from, but she came the day before my aunt was leaving for Germany. My Aunt Linda has two big dogs and as much as the dogs can deal with cats, I'm sure the kitten wouldn't have been too pleased to live with the dogs. At least not until she got used to it.

So Abby came home with us. We tried to get rid of her for a while asking people if they needed a kitten, but for some reason no one wants kittens. They all want puppies. Why though? Puppies are so much harder to take care of. Seriously kittens and cats, you don't have to do much. They all have very different personalities. Some may be very independent whereas others like the attention. Cats are easy to get along with.

Abby is now about one years old. She's cute, yes, but can be so annoying. She peed in my room one time. That's why I now shut the door to all the cats.

Now don't go calling the animal cruelty cops on me or anything, but I like to bother my cats. I have been known to dress a few of my cats up in the past. No wonder, my cat Max is gender confused. Haha. There was no exception with Abby.

As much as I bother Abby, I still find her following me all over. She loves to come into a room that I'm in and just lay across the room from me or on the couch a few seats over. I can tell she wants to be close, just not too close. She's not a very good lap kitty and doesn't like to be held.

She can be a brat to me, but I can be a brat to her too. We put up with each other still though and love each other.

No comments: