Saturday, June 20, 2009

Rain, rain go away

Last night, we had a couple icky thunderstorms. I like storms, but not when they're obnoxious and pelting down the rain and lightning is really bright and stuff. I wasn't asleep when this was going on, which is actually a good thing. I was however watching the weather channel. We had a flash flood warning in our county. I was looking for any severe weather, but instead it was just the flash flood warning and I wasn't really expecting that one to happen.

Here we go again with those pesky doubts.

Just before I went to bed last night, my dad told my brother and I to come downstairs because he wanted to show us something. When we got downstairs, he told us to take our socks off. We went down to the basement first. It was flooded with a few inches of water...great.

Next he took us outside. Our backyard slopes down a little bit, so we were walking down the sidewalk and my dad was ahead of us a little bit. He had the flashlight and I could see light reflecting off the water a little ways into our backyard. We also heard our dad trudging through the water.

This flooding sure did happen in a flash. It happened over the course of an hour according to my dad. But this morning when I got up, it was gone. At least the water in the backyard was.

And it's really a pain to clean up a flood in the basement because we have my dad's den down there and he has a lot of computers in there, so they had to rip up some carpeting today.

It's also very hot and sunny today. But still I have to say, rain, rain, please go away.

No comments: