Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Cherry Coke and Gangs

I told you I would remember something from practical law that I forgot to add in the first blog.

So I kinda broke a promise to my awesome teacher Hepner. I told her I wasn't gonna let her forget the Cherry Coke mishap, but I forgot it in my blog yesterday, so low and behold I am here today to share more about practical law class.

Ok, so one day our teacher was complaining about being tired, so she went to the teacher's lounge to get a Coke Zero from the machine. She came back with a Cherry Coke explaining that she had pushed the right button and got a Cherry Coke instead of Coke Zero.

We asked her if she was sure because after all she was pretty tired. Maybe she pushed the wrong button. Maybe she thought she was pushing the right button, but then she pushed the wrong button.

She gave the Cherry Coke to one of the guys in class who was harassing her about the Cherry Coke. Probably just to shut him up. I'm joking, but he really was bugging her about it, so she let him have it. She went back to the teacher's lounge and did end up getting a Coke Zero, but still I like to bother her about it.

But enough about Cherry Coke and onto gangs because gangs were an actual topic we studied in this class. Ok so last night, I was looking through another journal from last summer to see what I wrote about on my first day of summer. But before that, I was surfing through some other pages and found something really funny that was gang related.

First of all though, we had to do this book work one time on gangs and the question asked if there was a gang problem in the community I live in. I said that there is not a gang problem in my community that I know of. Key words there "that I know of." Haha. That was the best part of my answer.

So anyways around this time last year. Actually it will be exactly a year since I wrote what I wrote tomorrow because I wrote it on June 10, 2008. So I was talking about my Spanish class and how I can't speak Spanish worth a darn. I'm like dyslexic at Spanish. It's really bad. I took it for 5 years and I still can't speak it right. Actually I don't remember anything from that class last year either. Probably because we didn't really learn anything.

Anyways, I wrote in my journal on the subject of Spanish gangs last year. This just cracked me up when I read it last night.

I can't speak Spanish to save my life, so if I get killed by a Spanish gang, you'll know that I couldn't speak Spanish to save my life.

It was so kinda relevant because we had discussed gangs in practical law. Now I don't know of any Spanish gangs in my neighborhood or community, but who knows where they may be. I know I was also kidding when I said this in my journal last year.

No comments: