Sunday, June 28, 2009

Celebrating 175 Years

I turned 175 years old this weekend. Yet I don't look a day over 18, do I?

I've been saying this all weekend. And I have got a few laughs out of it. Well, ok, those laughs were my own, but still, I thought it was pretty funny.

You do understand that I'm completely joking about this right? I'm not really 175 years old. I am only 18.

Now my town on the other hand. Yes, my town celebrated it's 175th Birthday thing this weekend. I don't know if it's called a birthday. Whatever.

In case you didn't know, I joke around with this because I have the name of the town. Go ahead and laugh at this. I know it's funny and it'll make you laugh. I am Chelsea from Chelsea.

The highlights of this weekend for me were probably the parade and the fireworks.

Yesterday, my town had a parade around noon. It wasn't as long as our fair parade normally is, but it was still pretty long. They had all the old, old fashioned cars go down the street. It's cool to see what people used to drive around in back when the roads probably weren't paved as well. There were also some floats.

In the afternoon, I had to go to a graduation party. No seriously, my friend made me. Haha, actually that's a joke too. She was just joking for the longest time in our practical law class that we all had to go to her party. It was actually really fun and she has the most adorable puppies right now.

Later in the evening I walked out to my dad's church, which is across the street from our fairgrounds. And I met up with some friends in a store parking lot to watch the fireworks. The fireworks weren't as good as the ones they have every year at the tractor show I go to for the Fourth of July, but I'm thankful we got to see these ones.

Now I'm really tired. I've just had an intensely busy weekend. What with turning 175 and everything. Haha. :)

2 comments:

emii said...

Wow, you blog a LOT, Chelsea. And you find time to do everything else?! You must be a really fast typer, and REALLY talented!!!

Luv,emii

Chelsea said...

Whoah! That's really cool that your town is turning 175 years old. At first when you said that you were turning 175 I was thinking " What in the world does she mean?" but later when you explained it I finally understood. That's weird that both you and your town are named the same thing. I guess since my name is Chelsea I could say that I turned 175 years old today. LOL! Have a great week! Btw, are you going to college this fall? If so, where?
-Chelsea