Thursday, June 25, 2009

R.I.P. MJ

Today was an average day or so I thought. I found out this afternoon that Michael Jackson, the legendary King of Pop I think they call him, had a heart attack. Not only did he have a heart attack, but he actually died from it.

I figured I should probably write something about this because I know there have been celebrities that have died in the past that I really liked. I can't really explain how I feel after a well known celebrity that I know of dies. I'm just kinda left in shock for a while. Did it really happen? What happens tomorrow? This happened to me when Heath Ledger died. I wasn't really sure what to think. Michael Jackson, however, is not one of the celebrities I ever really liked. If anything he scares me. He may be the King of Pop, but he just out right scares me.

People for years have joked about him. He has been in the Scary Movie series of movies just for weird parodies and stuff. Well not exactly him, but a look alike.

I feel bad for the people in London who were all looking forward to seeing him perform his last performance. Stupid questions to ask, but what will they do now? Are they gonna get their money back?

I also feel bad for his kids. He was only 50 years old.

I guess he scares me because of all the news stories he's been in over the years. And I'm sorry to admit this, but he was a scary looking man. A totally cute kid, but I wasn't a fan of him becoming what he became even if he was the King of Pop.

In October for one of our football games, in fact the Halloween game, we played Thriller for pregame. I hate that song. The music video is pretty cool, but also really long. But the real reason I hate that song is that it always gets stuck in my head.

Thriller. It's just one of those songs that you say the name of it and it gets stuck in your head. At least that's how it works in my mind.

Please pray for his family and fans in this tough time.

No comments: