Tuesday, June 9, 2009

My handprint

Last night, I decided to go downstairs to show my dad my latest project. I am working on a trifold board for my graduation party. He thought it was cool and got a little sentimental. At first he was really excited, but now he seems to be really rather sad like I am, but I haven't cried since Saturday. He showed a box full of projects my brother and I had done in elementary school that my mom never got rid of. I guess she just didn't want to throw the stuff away. I found a couple of things I'm gonna use.

One thing that really got me was something dated December, 1995. It's a handprint I did probably in kindergarten or in daycare. But it also has a poem to it and I really wanted to share that with you.

Sometimes you get discouraged
Because I am so small -
And always leave my fingerprints
On furniture and walls

But every day I'm growing up
And soon I'll be so tall -
That all those little handprings
Will be hard to recall.

So here's special handprint
Just so you can say -
This is how my fingers looked
When I placed them here today.

I Love You...

Chelsea

Merry Christmas!

I know my parents might get sentimental about this. Actually they probably would cry seeing this. My dad didn't when he saw it last night, but there's still time. But seriously this poem is enough to make me cry. I place my hand on that handprint today and see how much my hand has grown in about 14 years.

And that reminds me of a picture I have of me in a diaper with blue or purple stuff all over me. Apparently I had gotten into finger painting.

No comments: