Sunday, June 21, 2009

Happy Father's Day!

In my mind for some reason, it seems like Father's Day is never important. Well let me rephrase that. Father's Day never seems as important to everyone as Mother's Day does. Do we treasure our mother's more or something? That just doesn't seem very fair.

When I think of Father's Day, I don't just think of my own daddy-o who I get a card and a present for. I also think of God. He is our Father right? But we shouldn't just celebrate God today. We need to be celebrating God everyday.

I enjoy reading Greg Stier's blogs every time he writes them. Now if you don't know who Greg Stier is, he's the president of a ministry called Dare 2 Share. It's for teenagers. Even though I haven't been to a Dare 2 Share conference, through reading his blogs, he seems like a pretty cool guy. So yesterday he wrote a blog called Father's Day Everday. You should definitely check it out.

It's really interesting seeing how he grew up and seeing what he is today. I really enjoyed reading his blog today when I read it. And it almost brought tears to my eyes, but then again I'm a cryer like that I guess.

But Greg Stier has a point. Whether you have a father or not, you should be celebrating what God has done for us, so that we could be adopted into his family. And we should be doing that daily.

Happy Father's Day! I hope you all had a great day with your dads.

No comments: