Saturday, June 20, 2009

Welcome class of 2013!

Ok, so I was gonna write this yesterday, but after the other blog I wrote, I just wasn't really in the mood.

Yesterday I had to get up early to go to class registration for college. It was actually a fun day. I met some cool people and now know what my schedule is like for next year, but I won't find out my roommate until August.

We first had to hang out with our parents and get some information. Then we were split into 3 different groups because we had three different things to do.

I was in group 3. We first went to student development where we talked about our core class that everyone at Spring Arbor University takes every year. It sounds really interesting. They made us stand up and say our name, hometown, summer yeehaw (or the best part of this summer), and fall fright (what we're most afraid of when starting college). When I stood up, I said I'm Chelsea from Chelsea and you can laugh at that because it's an old joke. I really don't care if you laugh at the fact that my town is my name. It doesn't bother me at all. Then we had to play a game called Slap your Neighbor. They'll say something like, "Slap your neighbor if you have a little brother." If you do, you get up run around the room and slap the hands of anyone else who is standing up. It was interesting.

Then my group went to Cross Cultural. When I'm a sophomore most likely I'm going to have to go on a 3-week trip to some other country to see a different culture. My parents really want me to go to Costa Rica or Guatemala. I don't feel comfortable with my Spanish skills anymore though. Actually I never have felt like I could speak Spanish correctly. I think I'm dyslexic at Spanish or something. Anyways, every student has to go on a cross cultural trip in order to graduate from this college. We had a MK (missionary kid) in my group from Brazil and he probably won't have to go on the trip.

We had pizza for lunch and got to meet up with our parents and talk a little bit before going back out to our activities.

My last activity was registering for classes. I got a few really early morning classes, so I probably won't be going to bed late or I shouldn't be at least. Who knows with college though? And I'm not taking any math or science next year. The professor who was working with me was an English professor, which is my major. She was nice. For my spring term, I couldn't find anything math or science that I could do without messing up my schedule, so I ended up with a philosophy class, so basically my freshman year, I'm getting rid of religion and philosophy studies, which are both general education classes that I need to get out of the way anyways. That's the goal I guess.

It was a good day. I woke up this morning though thinking how scary it's going to be. I'm gonna have to get my books on my own. What if I mess up? It's a shocker knowing you're no longer borrowing books from the school like I have always done in middle and high school. Crazy stuff there, but I guess you could say that I'm getting excited.

No comments: