Saturday, August 29, 2009

Fair '09

So this week has fair week in my town. It's actually been a really icky, crappy week for the fair, but I know people who go no matter what. It's been cloudy, cold, rainy, and just crappy.

I only went one day, Wednesday, with my parents no less. Because I have no friends. Nah, my parents are cool and the person I usually go to the fair with is already at college.

I don't ride the rides anymore. I just don't think it's worth spending a lot of money on a bracelet or tickets to ride a few rides that get boring after a while. I haven't rode the rides at the fair in a few years.

I'm just content to walk around the barns and stuff looking at the cakes and animals and such. So that's exactly what I did with my parents. First we walked through the barn with all the vegetables and cakes and other things entered into that contest. My mom and dad like to criticize the vegetables and flower arrangements because they grow their own veggies and my mom does her own wonderful flower arrangements. We also walked through the barn containing all the people who try to get you to buy their products.

Then we went down to watch the demolition derby. There was a lot of mud flinging. It was pretty intense. We watched the van demolition derby and the featured car demolition derby.

Then we walked through the bunny and bird tent. We like to joke around with the bunnies especially the ones that look like my rabbit. My rabbit, Clover is supposed to be a miniature dutch rabbit, but he's huge. He's apparently defective. He also has two different eye colors and one eye is possibly blind.

My mom was being mean to the birds saying they were someone's dinner. Poor turkey! Oh and I love the chickens that have feathers on their feet. They're pretty sweet looking.

My poor mom has hay fever and allergies, so walking through the animal barns was a little harsh on her allergies. We walked through the horse barn and the pig barn. Then went to look at the goats and sheep and some cows too. I guess that day there had been a baby cow born.

Then we went to get our one elephant ear of the year. Mm, it was good. I also saw two friends. One of them I talk to a lot, my friend Lauren, and the other, Sam, was in my practical law class and I'm not the only one missing that class I can tell you that.

Today is the fair parade. I'll report back on it later. Last night though I had a dream that the fair packed up and was ready to leave town on Saturday (today) even though there was a parade going to the fair. Anyways I was just remembering that and it freaked me out for a second because I thought it really happened in reality, but as far as I know it hasn't.

No comments: