Thursday, August 20, 2009

Someone's watching you

Creeping through the underbrush, someone is watching you. They lurk in the darkness watching you. Turn around, they're watching you. They're watching your every move and there's nothing you can do about it. When you least expect it, they're watching you. In your classes, they're watching you. When you walk down the street, they're watching you. They're in your churches, restaurants, and homes. Face it, you're being watched.

Ever feel like you're being watched? Not in a spooky way like I may have described up there. Not in a stalker type way are you being watched.

I'll bet you're being watched. I'm being watched. Not in a stalking way...at least that I know of. That would be pretty scary to be stalked by someone.

Stalking isn't what I'm here to talk to you about. I'm here to talk to you about someone watching you in a non-stalking kind of way. Glad to get that out and into the air. :)

Ok, you're being watched. Why do I keep saying that? Because it's true. Everyday people are watching you. They may not be creeping in the underbrush or lurking in the darkness, but they're in your churches, schools, restaurants, neighborhoods, and homes.

Who are they? They are people just like you and me. They're watching your every move and may or may not be judging you for the decision you make. They're watching how you handle situations and they're watching your actions.

When I think about being watched, I think about my neighbor's three little boys. It's like little chicks or ducklings. They imprint on whoever they see first and they follow by example. I'm being watched by my neighbor's three little boys. She's being watched by her own sons.

My actions are being watched. Her actions are being watched. How are you gonna act? If I mess up, they'll see it and they might follow it.

So are you going to set a good example? Or are you going to set a bad example?

I'm watching you.

No comments: