Sunday, August 16, 2009

Sad Sunday #2

I was definitely out of it today. In fact, I missed practice this morning because of it. I overslept and that was the start of my terrible, horrible, no good, very bad morning. I got up at 9:30 this morning. Ok, big deal right? Yes, I was supposed to be at church at 9:00 this morning. So I basically rushed out of my house.

When I finally got to church, my friends Hannah and Abbi were glad to see me. They were worried that I wasn't coming because I was at practice yesterday and they knew I'd be there. After I got to church, my day turned around.

We were sitting in Sunday school and we wanted to do something radical for Hannah's last day. So we went on a Sunday school adventure that I'm not allowed to talk about because I was sworn to secrecy and anyone we saw, we were told to tell, it was a girl thing.

It was really funny today during church while the pastor was trying to give announcements. We kept hearing an echo. That happened to me last week at church when I was playing Virus. I was really confused by it too. I think it's the microphones, so our pastor just turned his mic off for a little while. Technical difficulties. :)

Hannah did a few special things today during church. She sang a song right before her dad gave the sermon and she kept messing up on it. She was crying and laughing. That was her first time messing up and just stopping in the middle of a song. She told us that later. It happens to the best of us.

Then the pastor's family sang the benediction and once again Hannah messed up, but she's so funny when she messes up. She says, "oh sorry." Nothing wrong with messing up. I do it all the time on the piano and I laugh about those mistakes.

Hannah is another one of my best friends. The pastor's daughter. Well one of the pastor's daughters. No wait, actually she's the pastor's son (another story for another time). Haha.

I always thought I hated change, but then again I've been hearing all along that Hannah extremely hates change. She doesn't want to go to college. Her aunt, our Sunday school teacher, says that once we get to college we'll love it. She just knows that. Hannah just doesn't want things to change and I don't blame her because I don't want things to change either. But change is gonna happen. Nothing we can do about it.

I'm gonna miss her so much. I almost started crying while her family was singing the benediction.

I've had several people come up to me and ask when I'm leaving. Oh you guys, you can't get rid of me that quickly. I still have three more Sundays. I think they're trying to get rid of me or something. Haha. I'm just kidding. I love my church family.

No comments: