Sunday, August 9, 2009

Sad Sunday #1

Maybe I was out of it today. Maybe the reason I wasn't smiling much today during the songs and other things we did was that I was actually kinda sad.

Today was one of my best friends last day at church. He leaves on Thursday for college. I'm gonna miss him a lot, but hopefully we'll stay in contact through Facebook and stuff.

Reality was bashing me over the head last night multiple times. I was just thinking a lot about how much I'm gonna miss my friends when I leave for college stuff even though I know I'll make new friends. But I was also thinking about my Aunt Ann, who last night when we were talking about today, almost started crying.

Why? She is really emotional to the fact that the kids who practically started the youth group in my church are leaving for college...finally. Our pastor said earlier this year that we're our own peer group and it's so true. We've been together for about nine years. Nine years ago, I met these really great kids who I didn't go to school with, but that would change by the time we reached middle and high school. And we really hit it off. We all grew really close after our first mission trip together.

Now this guy in particular whose name is Chris, has helped me a lot over the years. We've had a lot of great conversations. We can talk about anything. When I first started listening to and getting really into Christian music, he introduced me to some great bands. I had started out only listening to Newsboys and Relient K. Chris introduced me to DC Talk, Hawk Nelson, Kutless, Thousand Foot Krutch, and a lot of other great bands. I now have over 1000 songs on my mp3 player and about 98% of that music is Christian.

Chris played his last offertory today at church. He plays guitar and he will be missed in worship band dearly.

His little sister who is my little brother's age, doesn't think she's gonna miss him. And actually she's kinda mad at him for the way he's been treating her lately. Ah, sibling rivalry. I think she'll miss him eventually. It will probably be weird not listening to his weird whale jokes or hearing him rock out on his guitar.

I know when I leave for college, I'll probably miss my brother. I don't know if he'll miss me though. Maybe he will eventually like Chris' sister.

It's gonna be so different the next few weeks as my friends slowly start leaving me for college. I will be the last to leave. There are many more sad Sundays to come. And sad days period because summer is ending and college is starting.

1 comment:

Chelsea said...

I feel bad for you, Chelsea. It must be really hard having to say goodbye to your friends. Btw, when are you leaving for college? Are you still going to blog even when you're in college? If not, I'll miss your posts a lot. It just won't be the same without you! Have a great week!
-Chelsea