Saturday, August 22, 2009

Friend Sick

No, I'm not sick of being near people. No, I'm not sick of my friends. No, I'm not sick of hanging out and doing stuff.

Are you familiar with the term homesick? That's not my problem either.

I'm friend sick. I can't be homesick right now because I'm at home right now. That's the problem. I don't leave for school until September 7th.

So I have to sit here watching all my friends leave before my very eyes and it sucks. Reality is starting to hit me in the head here. All my friends are leaving me.

Last night, I know it wasn't their fault, but I was trying to talk to a few friends online and they just weren't answering me. I felt like there was a loss in communication and it really upset me. I felt like I had no one to talk to, but then someone talked to me and I felt better, but still sad.

The other problem I'm finding I have is that I see my friends that have left for school already on Facebook and it makes me sad knowing that I can't just go hang out with them anymore.

One of my friends left today for college and I know she really wasn't looking forward to going. Then my best friend is leaving to go back tomorrow morning. There are people leaving everyday and it's sad being the last to leave.

For me at the moment, college couldn't get here any quicker.

I'm going to try to enjoy these last few weeks though as much as I can with the friends I have left. Most of the friends I have left are either going to community college or they haven't graduated yet.

No comments: