Monday, August 3, 2009

VBS #2 Day 1

Tonight was our first day of Vacation Bible School (VBS) at my own church. It was a lot of fun. I don't know why, but I always get really excited for VBS. I'm just about as hyper as the rest of the kids it might seem.

Our theme this year is space. It's really cool. We had a ton of kids tonight, but it was a lot of fun.

The drama was great as much as one of the characters complains that there are only two good actors in that drama and one of them isn't even in the play until Wednesday. She was talking about her robot and the bad guy. I thought they all did a nice job. I guess she's more so talking about there only being two funny actors. We'll see on Wednesday.

I really enjoyed the music and I think all the kids had fun with that tonight even though us singers don't know the actions very well. Hey that's what the dvd is for.

I was in charge of games tonight because I was filling in for a friend. It was really windy and we were supposed to play a game with frisbies, so we ended up playing follow the leader with the little kids, but later we did get to play with the frisbies with the big kids. It went ok. I guess I just don't have enough confidence in working with young kids.

We had s'mores for a snack. Then sang a bit more and talked a little bit. Oh yeah and the kids also learned how to say hello in Ukrainian, but I don't remember what it was. That was earlier in the night.

I'm not organized tonight obviously. For dinner we had mac-n-cheese. At least this time it didn't have gummy worms in it. That happened last year.

After VBS, we older kids, the teens, graduates, whatever you want to call us crazy kids, went to a park in the dark (that so rhymed) and played for a while. I'm exhausted tonight. I hope we have a lot of kids tomorrow as well. We got rid of all our music cds, so now us singers can't practice. Oh well, we'll wing it tomorrow. Haha.

No comments: