Saturday, August 22, 2009

Son Burnt

You know I was thinking about something yesterday. Have you ever heard the saying, Branded by God?

I know what branding means, yes, but I looked it up to be sure. When you brand something, you put your symbol on it and you can do this in a number of ways like freezing or burning it on with a hot iron. This symbol or it could be a sign usually shows ownership.

Most often when I think of branding, I think of farmers branding their livestock like cattle or horses. I've seen them brand animals in some animated movies and I imagine it probably hurts to get branded.

It's almost like getting a burn. In fact, branding is basically burning a symbol or sign onto something.

So here's where my thinking about this saying comes into play. Do you already know where I'm going with this?

If we're branded by God, then we're in a way owned by God. And in being branded we're being burnt. No one ever told me living a godly life would be easy. We're going to go through tough times when we feel burnt. Hey that's what you get when you're son burnt. Branded by God.

No comments: