Wednesday, August 5, 2009

VBS #2 Day 3

I don't know why, but I keep having dreams about VBS. Actually last night I had a dream about my dad's VBS. I also keep getting the VBS music from my church stuck in my head. Not a bad thing. The music is very catchy. Even the adults are getting it stuck in their heads.

We had a lot fewer kids tonight. For dinner we had fried chicken and mashed potatoes. It was so good, but I ate too much.

We sang some songs and did the skit. My character came into the skit tonight. I'm Virus. He's a evil genius set on destroying all the Bibles on earth with his Bible Blaster. And he also plans on renaming earth, Virus, after taking over the world. Quite selfish of him. The adults said I did really well even though I only had one line tonight.

The drama team didn't get much time to practice tonight because we had to help the younger kids with their crafts. They had a pretty easy craft too. They were just making a space background.

There was some sort of water game. While the kids were at snack, the teens helping with that (and actually 3 of those teens I say have graduated) were having some sort of water war. Could we please act our own age? I like fun and games too, but doing that sort of thing just encourages the younger kids. Good thing no kids were watching them.

After snack, they finished up with songs and prayer. While we were doing the songs, I know no kids look behind them much, but our immature graduates were doing the actions, but they didn't seem very serious.

That bothers me.We're supposed to be setting a good example for these kids. Not constantly goofing off. There is a time for goofing off and there is a time for being serious. Yes, I will admit that I was having fun singing and doing the actions for the songs tonight, but I'm standing up in front setting an example for these kids; not completely goofing off.

After VBS once again, it's becoming a tradition to go to Timber Town with the teens. I don't like being there after dark. It makes me nervous. I'm always afraid the cops are gonna show up because there are druggies that hang out at a children's park after dark to get high and stuff. Last night I didn't go, but tonight I decided to go and hang it. It was pretty fun, but kinda boring at the same time.

No comments: