Friday, August 7, 2009

VBS #2 Day 5

Tonight was our final night of VBS. We had a lot less kids than we have the previous days, but I still think they had fun.

I was surprised that not a lot of kids showed up right away at 5:30. Normally we had a bunch of kids walking in, but not tonight. But at least we got to practice the skit all the way through.

I had a lot of fun tonight. We sang and danced and ate pizza and popsicles. I think the kids enjoyed the skit. It was a fun skit. I think we're doing that part on Sunday during church.

The craft for the little kids was a robot. I don't know what the big kids did. The game was something like duck, duck, goose. I don't know why they played it with the big kids. Sounded kinda dumb to me, but I wasn't in charge of games, so nothing I can do about it.

After VBS, the teens helped tear down and then they went to Timber Town. You were expecting that, weren't you? No, they actually went to my aunt's house. We played Twister, sat by the bonfire, ate candy, had a dance off, and played some other games. But then everyone left and it was only my aunt, the youth leader JJ, and me. It was a good night.

Oh yeah and I was really excited today when I saw that my verse of the day on this blog was Matthew 24:35 because that's the theme verse for our VBS this year. It made me jump for joy literally. :)

No comments: